Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Bunny Year 2011

I know it's now mid of March, I have been busy with my work since I came back from Penang...... 
It seems a bit late to update Chinese New Year blog, anyway I will still update those sweet memories. 

Before New Year
Every year before Chinese New Year is my sister, Xying super busy month, she was busy baking cookies for Chinese New Year. On the other hand, my mother was busy doing spring cleaning.

Xying preparing Pineapple Tarts "黄梨酥“ and Dried Pork "肉干"

Its a pastry, before rolling up with pineapple jam 

Roll type pineapple tart COMPLETED!

Dried Pork "肉干"

Homemade Melt-in-your-mouth Pineapple Tarts



New Year Eve
This year our reunion dinner were merrier than previous year. My mum invited all her foreign workers  to have reunion dinner with us. We had steamboat for our reunion dinner with a lot of steamboat's ingredients on the table. Steamboat is just our first round, stay tuned for our second round......





As usual after dinner we like to do the same thing.....take photo....hehe


My cousin, Huan Khor


In the later part of the night, we continue with second round of BBQ. Its actually my brother's secondary schoolmates gathering. Our activity was chit chat with my aunty and mum, because its been a long time since we get together.

 My brother, Sheep Tan

Brother's buddies




First Day of Chinese New Year
For the first day of lunar calendar, we visited aunties and uncles. Take Ang Pao and eat as usual.

  My uncle's family


My cousins




Smoker's teeth

Pretty cousin, Canny Khor

Cuties cousin with grasshopper

I get more Ang Pao from my uncles and Aunties, this year I did not gamble. 

The following day, I did not meet more people and go any where, just stay home waiting for VT to arrived from Singapore. I had a pack schedule on how to spent my holiday with VT. I will introduce the small town, Penang in my next blog.

Have a nice day!

Kyra ^.^



No comments:

Post a Comment